Diploma
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Diploma

English Diploma Year 1

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Keeping Traditions Alive

Go down 
+9
Manal Darwish Abdullah
MaRyAm Al SuWaiDi
Hana Saeed
Asma
Amani
Wafa
Shaikha Al Shehhi
Hessa Rashed
Admin
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Keeping Traditions Alive Empty
PostSubject: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 10:01 pm

Why do you think it is important for the UAE to be modern but to still remember its traditional culture?

Some people think that young people are forgetting traditional culture.
What is your opinion of this? How can young people be encouraged to understand their heritage?

Jo
Back to top Go down
https://diploma.editboard.com
Shaikha Al Shehhi

Shaikha Al Shehhi

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-02-18

PostSubject: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 1:40 pm

I think modernization of our country is important for us to continue our life. The UAE modernizes every day and grows in different ways. On the other hand we must not forget our traditional culture because we believe what Sheikh Zayed said” A nation without a past has no present or future “. In general I think all people who live in the UAE take care about their heritage. For example, there are many heritage villages in different emirates and they do many activities in special days like, national day to remind the young people about their heritage and give them information to let them have knowledge about the traditional culture. I think activities like, programs on the TV and activities in the heritage villages will help the young people to know more about their past.

Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Hessa Rashed

Hessa Rashed

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Hello every one   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 1:40 pm

Very Happy

I think it is very important to keep our traditional culture or behavior and it should be apart of our life. On the other hand it is great to be innovative in our life to feel that we have grown up and so can have more freedom.

So people try to keep the traditional values and still develop. Also talking with grand parents keeps people informed about our traditional life. National Day is the best way to keep us remembering traditional culture.

What do you think?
Question
Back to top Go down
Wafa

PostSubject: The Answer >>   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 1:40 pm

the Answer for first question:

I think, it’s imperative to be modern but still remember the traditional because a nation without a past has no present or future.

the Answer for secound question:

In my opinion, the old women are remembering the traditional culture more than the young people. Some young people don’t understand the traditional values of their country because modernization has happened so fast in the country. So, we must encourage them to read more and more about their country.

Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Shaikha Al Shehhi

Shaikha Al Shehhi

PostSubject: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 1:41 pm

I think modernization of our country is important for us to continue our life. The UAE modernizes every day and grows in different ways. On the other hand we must not forget our traditional culture because we believe what Sheikh Zayed said” A nation without a past has no present or future “. In general I think all people who live in the UAE take care about their heritage. For example, there are many heritage villages in different emirates and they do many activities in special days like, national day to remind the young people about their heritage and give them information to let them have knowledge about the traditional culture. I think activities like, programs on the TV and activities in the heritage villages will help the young people to know more about their past.

Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Hessa Rashed

Hessa Rashed

PostSubject: Hello every one   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 1:41 pm

Very Happy

I think it is very important to keep our traditional culture or behavior and it should be apart of our life. On the other hand it is great to be innovative in our life to feel that we have grown up and so can have more freedom.

So people try to keep the traditional values and still develop. Also talking with grand parents keeps people informed about our traditional life. National Day is the best way to keep us remembering traditional culture.

What do you think?
Question
Back to top Go down
Wafa

PostSubject: The Answer >>   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 1:42 pm

the Answer for first question:

I think, it’s imperative to be modern but still remember the traditional because a nation without a past has no present or future.

the Answer for secound question:

In my opinion, the old women are remembering the traditional culture more than the young people. Some young people don’t understand the traditional values of their country because modernization has happened so fast in the country. So, we must encourage them to read more and more about their country.

Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Amani

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 1:45 pm

Why do you think it is important for the UAE to be modern but to still remember its traditional culture?

In my opinion, I think that it is important to keep our traditional culture and we shouldn’t let goof it. I believe that our culture is part of us and we have to believe in our self to make the world believe in us.

What is your opinion of this?

I disagree with them. Sometimes young people don’t care about small details but they still work hard to keep traditional values, I mean they still wear the dishdasha and the abaya and I don’t think that it will change in the future. I believe that there are differences between traditional cultures nowadays and before but we still believe in our culture, and our realigns help us to keep it up.
Back to top Go down
Asma

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 1:49 pm

I think it is important to be modern to live a easy life and make every thing simple.
I also think we must remember traditional culture because it was the life of our grandfathers.

In my opinion I think that’s wrong because the young people still remember their culture. They still care about that. Also they still wear the traditional clothes and play traditional games. They also teach their children about that.
Back to top Go down
Hana Saeed

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 1:54 pm

Razz I think the UAE people must remember their traditional culture because it’s the life of our grandparents and it’s our history. Also it helps us to remember the past of our country. So we mustn’t forget these traditional values.

What is your opinion of this? How can young people be encouraged to understand their heritage?

Razz In my opinion we should tell children about our traditional culture and always remind them to not forget it.
Back to top Go down
MaRyAm Al SuWaiDi

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 1:55 pm

I think it is important for UAE to be modern and to keep pace with development.
So I think at the same time they must keep remembering traditional culture. Because the person who not have the past is not have present

I don’t think so, because there are some young people who don’t forgetting traditional culture, they still remember the culture such as “abaya” and “shela”.
Back to top Go down
Manal Darwish Abdullah

Manal Darwish Abdullah

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 1:56 pm

I think U.A.E must be modern but still remember the past because if there is no past there will be no future.

I think young people are forgetting about their past because of the development and the technology around them. This is normal but it is good to build more museums.

I think building more museums will remind them about their past more than going to shopping malls.
Back to top Go down
Suhaila Rashed Ali

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 1:57 pm

Embarassed
Why do you think it is significant for the UAE to be modern but to still remember its traditional culture?
H.H Sheik Zayed Said: “a nation without past has no present in the Future”. It’s very significant for us to keep remembering traditional culture and to be modern at the same time because we want to know and take different cultures but we should be careful a bout western culture because they think differently about some things.

Also it’s significant for women in the UAE if they have the same opportunity with the men. They should still remember traditional culture because if they to bee free and to understand their self.

What is your opinion of this? How can young people be encouraged
to understand their heritage?

I think its wrong said because they still to keep it such as they still to dance traditional dance. Some of them try to be modern but they didn’t know how to entourage them self to keep traditional culture in their mined.
Back to top Go down
Maryam Rashid Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 2:08 pm

From my point of view we must keep traditional culture. Although RAK is becoming more modern we still remember traditional life about our older Generations and our past. Therefore Sheikh Zayed Said” A nation without a past has no present or future “.Also I f we don’t save it we will be without history. Some people think that young people are forgetting traditional culture, so we must encourage them to understand their heritage by doing competitions amongst them and visiting the museum .Thus we encourage young people to modern self.

Maryam bounce
Back to top Go down
Abeer Ali

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 2:26 pm

I think it’s significant to keep the traditional culture for people to know how peoples’ life was in the past. It’s was different and very hard. We must know to learn from them to triumph the difficulties and letting.

To encourage the young people to understand their heritage they should read books about our culture and visit museums. I believe without a past we have no present or future?

I think traditional culture in the UAE is very important for life and we must still remember about it .
Back to top Go down
Aamna Mohamed

Aamna Mohamed

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 10:25 pm

Hi everybody

I think that's a good subject to talk about, because it is from our real life.

It is important for the UAE to be modern but to still remember its traditional culture because the present is the vision of the past and the future is also will be the vision of today and that make all things is connect with other because that we should to be proud of our past as we proud of our future.

Yes I think there is some of young people are forgetting traditional culture I think that because they don't think about the cause of the present culture which we in.
Maybe if the young people think about the big differences which happened between the past and the present that will encourage them to understand their heritage. Another point if they have known about the difficulty which was in the past and the easily which is now. I think the comparing will be the good things which will encourage the young people to understand their heritage.

Your sis
Amoon Wink
Back to top Go down
Amani

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 1:05 pm

Asma wrote:
I think it is important to be modern to live a easy life and make every thing simple.
I also think we must remember traditional culture because it was the life of our grandfathers.

In my opinion I think that’s wrong because the young people still remember their culture. They still care about that. Also they still wear the traditional clothes and play traditional games. They also teach their children about that.

I agree with you Cool
Back to top Go down
Asma

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 1:20 pm

Hessa Rashed wrote:
Very Happy

What do you think?
Question

I agree with you Hessah. That is right. It is important to keep our traditional culture because as Shaikh Zayed said"A nations without past has no present or future". Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keeping Traditions Alive
Page 1 of 1