Diploma
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Diploma

English Diploma Year 1

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Keeping Traditions Alive

Go down 
+16
Maryam K
Sumayya
Naema
Hafsa
Mona
Maryam
Aamena Al Shehhi
Azza
Afra
Alya K
Hissa
Hanadi
Noura
Jawaher
Shaikha
Admin
20 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-02-13

Keeping Traditions Alive Empty
PostSubject: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 10:02 pm

Why do you think it is important for the UAE to be modern but to still remember its traditional culture?

Some people think that young people are forgetting traditional culture.
What is your opinion of this? How can young people be encouraged to understand their heritage?

Jo
Back to top Go down
https://diploma.editboard.com
Shaikha

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 1:41 pm

I think it is very important to keep our traditions because if we don’t keep it we will be without history. All the countries have a history and they try to keep it. What do you think? Question
Back to top Go down
Jawaher

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 1:44 pm

Idea In my view the main thing in the UAE is traditional culture. Although the UAE has became modern every day we still save our heritage.

Some people think that we will encourage understanding our heritage by visiting the museum and talking with our grandfathers and grandmothers to teach us about their history.
Back to top Go down
Noura

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 1:47 pm

I think it is important to know our culture. The first reason is to know ourselves. Also I agree with Sheikh Zayed. In addition, I believe that it is essential to learn about our grandparents to be proud of them.

I think that they should not forget their grandparents past. They should look for it, ask their grandparents, and visit the museum. Also I believe that it is our grandparent’s responsibility to pass their past to us. sunny Cool

Last edited by on Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hanadi

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 1:47 pm

bom I believe it is essential for the UAE to keep its traditions because it helps us to remember the past and how people lived in the past and don’t forget our history.

In my view if they do more TV programs about heritage and culture they wont forget it. Also if they study about their heritage at school it will help to save our heritage.
Back to top Go down
Hissa

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 1:50 pm

Why do you think it is important for the UAE to be modern but to still remember its traditional culture?

In my point of view, I think no one should let go their culture. they belong to. Nevertheless we must move with the development we are facing nowadays. Of course, there are some positives and negatives aspects of both our past and future, but we should pick carefully what we need from the future and carry on with our traditions.

Some people think that young people are forgetting traditional culture.
What is your opinion of this? How can young people be encouraged to understand their heritage?

Young people are careless sometimes, this is because of the age or the environment they live in. However, they are not forgetting their traditional culture, because if the are, you won’t see young boys wearing dishdasha or girls wearing abaya and head scarves.
Young people may stop thinking about little old things which an emirati national is not in need of it.
Back to top Go down
Alya K

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 1:53 pm

Very Happy In my opinion it is important for the UAE to be modern with keeping its traditional values because if we don’t have modern we can’t communicate with other country. Also if we don’t know our traditional, so how we can talk about the UAE modern. I believe what Sheikh “Zayed” said “A nation without a past has no present or future”

I think the young people aren’t forgetting traditional culture because always in schools they teach them about the UAE history. But it will be very good to give them special books about the UAE and to put programs on TV only about the UAE traditional life.
Back to top Go down
Afra

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 1:54 pm

1.Why do you think it is important for the UAE to be modern but to still remember its traditional culture?
I think it’s significant for the UAE because Sheikh Zayed said ‘A nation without a past has no present or future’. And I agree with this. Razz

2.What is your opinion of this? How can young people be encouraged to understand their heritage?
In my opinion everyone must preserve our heritage and implant it in delivering sons and daughters and urge them to know because that a part of as. Razz
Back to top Go down
Azza

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 1:55 pm

I think it’s vital, because we have to improve our life by seeing the new things around the world.

I think we can encourage young people to understand their heritage by doing some competitions and let them join traditional clubs to learn crafts.
Back to top Go down
Aamena Al Shehhi

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 1:55 pm

I think it is vital for the UAE to keep its traditional values because its help Emiratization to build up the country. Also they respect what Sheikh Zayed says before he died.

Moreover I think to learn children about heritage culture in the school and take them to the museums to know extra about their country.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Shaikha

Really, now days many young people are forgetting traditional culture because all life has changed. Now the technology is in our life and we can’t live without it. The young people are care about what is in the TV, the Internet and sleep all the time. No one now like to read in the books. Mad
Back to top Go down
Maryam

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 1:56 pm

I think it is very important because life is easier than from before. In the past they traveled by animals but now, they can travel by many transport. But we must to remember the traditional culture by talking with grandparents, their life and their difficulties they encountered at work.

I think some people think that young people aren’t forgetting traditional culture because the schools and the university remember the people about the traditional culture. Every year they celebrate the union.
Back to top Go down
Mona

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 1:57 pm

In my opinion it is significant for us to be modern but we must keep remembering the traditional culture because we can learn from the past to improve our life.

The young people can be encouraged to understand their heritage by talking with the old people to understand how to respect these people and the country. Also they can understand when they study it from school. study
Back to top Go down
Hafsa

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 1:58 pm

I think it is important for the UAE to be modern because it must keep the other civilizations, but they do not forget the old life as a sheikh Zayed said “ A nation without a past has no present or future “. In my opinion it must know what it is the life look like in the past to teach how to live in the simple life and humbly.

I think for the people who are forgetting the tradition cutler do not blame them because the life is change and every person busy in their life. Recently, there are many programs for the people to know about the heritage like the heritage village that we could see it in all emirates and by asking their grand mother and father. It also there are lots of programs in the TV showing us the old life, so I think it’s a good way to engorged the young people to understand there heritage.
Back to top Go down
Naema

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 1:58 pm

I think that I agree with Sheikh Zayed about what he said about traditional culture “A nation without a past has no present or future”. And to know were we come from. Also to know how they live to compare between our live and their live because in some cases they live bush as to work hard in our new live

In my opinion every mother should have to know her traditional background and teach her children this. That is my opinion as I’m a mother and I will teach my daughter about our background.
Back to top Go down
Sumayya

Registration date : 2007-02-21

I feel it is vital for the UAE to keep my traditions because I have the same opinion to Sheikh Zayed what he said about a nation without a past has no present or future and to Know about culture because If I don’t keep it until now I would not recall it for children
Back to top Go down
Maryam K

I think it’s significant the UAE should be update because to meet the needs of the people and I agree to still remember the culture because it our grand’s culture and can’t leave it. Also as the Sheikh Zayed say “A nation without a past has no present or future”. So we should still on it.

flower

In my opinion for this people to be encouraged to understand their heritage should read about their history. Also the parents should encourager there child, teach him, tell him about there heritage, participate in the competition in our there heritage. And in my opinion the most impotent should wear there heritage clothes.

flower
Back to top Go down
Sumayya

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 1:59 pm

I think should all mothers teach her daughter traditional culture that we can save it and used it
Back to top Go down
Fatima

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 1:59 pm

1-In my opinion it is essential to be update but also we should commit to memory about the traditional culture, because our grandparents constantly encouraged me to know about their past experience. I agreed with Sheikh Zayed that he said a country without a past has no present or future.

2-I believe that young people are forgetting traditional culture, but it is the responsibility of the parents. They must keep in their minds that they should learn and teach about the culture. also the people in the past always try to be independent in their self.
Back to top Go down
Anoud

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 2:02 pm

First I agree what Sheik Zayed said because the past is really important for people to keep life without losing their heritage. However, modernization is also important because its help for develop between other courtiers.

I think the people in the past had more communication and everyone was helping each other. Also they did a lot of difficult jobs so we learned a lot of things from them such as patience. Furthermore we learned how to respect other people .I am really proud of our heritage because my country has devolved step by step every day.
Back to top Go down
Asma A

Asma A

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 2:03 pm

I agree with Sheikh Zayed when he say’ nation without a past has no present or future.’

I think it’s vital for the UAE to be updated because States compete in the economy. Competition among countries in education etc is apart of global economy. Modern technology is important for us.

In my opinion to teach young people about our history. And to write book about history. The historical programs on television. To ware a traditional clothes.

Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Aisha Abdulla

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2007 2:03 pm

1) I think it is significant for the UAE to update and keep our culture because it helps us to not forget where we are from. I believe that any countries who don't have a traditional culture so it will not have future as Sheikh Zayed said.

2) Yes, I agree with that. The government made heritage villages so I think it is family responsiblity to encourage young people to learn it by reading books or see video about traditional culture.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keeping Traditions Alive   Keeping Traditions Alive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keeping Traditions Alive
Page 1 of 1